Friday, September 23, 2016

Join Me For A Quick Snapchat Tour Of Madrid

Madrid Square


Snapchatting Around Madrid


Madrid, Spain

I’m totally addicted to Snapchat. The other day I walked to some of Madrid’s famous sites shared the experience live from my phone. Here’s the result.


Are you on Snapchat? I was a little late to the party, thinking it was something for teenagers. But I was finally convinced after watching this video. It’s a powerful social media platform with a super-engaged fanbase. Plus it’s just a lot of fun!


It took a while to get the hang of, but now that I’ve been using it for a few months, it’s become one of my favorite social sharing tools.


Earlier this week I took to the streets with my iPhone to give followers a live look at the city of Madrid and a few of it’s popular tourist attractions.


LifeProof Case


LifeProof FRĒ Power Case



Exploring Madrid


If you’re already subscribed to my email newsletter, you’ll know that I’ve been hanging out in Madrid for the past 3 weeks to work on some blogging stuff and prepare for a big adventure in August.


Most of my days are spent in front of the computer, but I do make time to see tourist attractions in the city every so often.


Earlier this week I charged up my new LifeProof FRĒ Power Case to ensure my phone would have enough juice for all the Snapchatting, and left to explore Spain’s capital on foot.


The waterproof shockproof case doubles my phone’s power with an integrated 2,600-mAh battery.


Gran Via


Gran Via Street



Puerta Del Sol


I began the tour at Plaza Puerta del Sol, the heart of the city. It’s kind of like what Times Square would be to New York. It’s one of the busiest areas of Madrid and a popular place for tourists to hang out by the fountains.


From there I strolled up the pedestrian walkway towards Calle Gran Via, stopping briefly inside a Jamón Ibérico shop. This delicious cured ham is very popular in Spain, and it’s impossible to miss the huge legs of ham hanging from ceilings and windows in these shops.


No visit to Spain is complete without massive ham consumption.


 


Gran Via


Who Needs a Shoe Shine?


 


Royal Palace


Next up was the Spanish Royal Palace. While it’s the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family, they choose to live in a different palace nearby instead. The big one is only used for state dinners or special functions.


You can visit part of the palace for €11 and get a glimpse of royalty!


In my Snapchat story below, you’ll see giant frescos on the ceilings, massive chandeliers, and a whole room decorated in porcelain. This building is really quite impressive — it actually has over 3,400 rooms! Crazy.


Royal Palace


The Spanish Royal Palace



Tapas Vermouth


Tapas are little appetizers like meats, cheeses, or fish on bread served with alcohol. Often with a plate of olives too. You can order some as a snack, or order many to make it a full on meal.


The best tapas bars are standing room only — a popular pastime for Spaniards.


Moving on from the Royal Palace, I walked down to a local bar called Los Gatos to share plates of delicious tapas and glasses of vermouth with a few travel blogger friends who were in town.


Maybe you’ve heard of them… check out the video below!


 


Snapchat


Follow Me On Snapchat! expertvagabond


 


Are You On SnapChat?


Don’t have Snapchat? That’s ok. I saved my Snap Story for you on YouTube. If you already use Snapchat, just open the app on your phone and take a photo of my yellow icon above to automatically follow me! Cool, right?


For tips on how to get the most out of SnapChat, make sure to check out The Hungry Partier’s SnapChat Guide.


Watch Video: Snapchat Tour Of Madrid


 


(Click to watch Snapchat Tour Of Madrid on YouTube)


READ NEXT: Whitewater Kayaking New England


Who are your favorite people to follow on SnapChat? source


 


 



Join Me For A Quick Snapchat Tour Of Madrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Lastriani Fashion: Your Path to Elegance, Comfort, and Confidence

At Lastriani Fashion , we take pride in being your ultimate online clothing store, dedicated to offering a diverse and captivating range of ...

Popular Posts