Monday, April 11, 2016

I Actually Tried A Raindrop Cake And Here's What It Tasted Like


And no, it didn’t taste like jello.


Hi, my name is Julia. I just tried a Raindrop Cake, and I’m here to tell you allllllll about it.


Hi, my name is Julia. I just tried a Raindrop Cake, and I'm here to tell you allllllll about it.


Yes, I'm talking about that jiggly blob you probably keep seeing all over the internet, which is now available at Smorgasburg, Brooklyn's food flea market.


And while it is most certainly NOT a “cake” (a pretty unforgivable lie, in my opinion), it is without a doubt one of the strangest, coolest, and hardest-to-explain foods I've ever tried.


Julia Reinstein


Let me begin by telling you IT IS SO JIGGLY.


Let me begin by telling you IT IS SO JIGGLY.


Is that a Raindrop Cake, or did I just find Ms. New Booty???


I just wanted to poke it forever, but the cakes melt into a puddle if left at room temperature for half an hour. So, it was time to taste it.


Julia Reinstein


My initial reaction was literally just WUT.


My initial reaction was literally just WUT.


A lot of people have been saying the Raindrop Cake is just water jello, but I am here to tell you they are WRONG. This is not jello.


Yes it is squishy, yes it is jiggly, but the second it enters your mouth, it melts into water. It doesn't even pop—it just sort of instantly dissolves. It seriously is like eating a raindrop.


Julia Reinstein


It was weirdly refreshing. I felt healthy and alive and stunning, like the way most people say they feel after going to the gym.


It was weirdly refreshing. I felt healthy and alive and stunning, like the way most people say they feel after going to the gym.


The creator of the Raindrop Cake, Darren Wong, told me it reminds him of the scene in A Bug's Life where they drink water droplets off of leaves, and he's so right.


I felt like a cute little woodland fairy eating a fresh morning dewdrop.


Julia Reinstein



View Entire List ›





I Actually Tried A Raindrop Cake And Here's What It Tasted Like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Lastriani Fashion: Your Path to Elegance, Comfort, and Confidence

At Lastriani Fashion , we take pride in being your ultimate online clothing store, dedicated to offering a diverse and captivating range of ...

Popular Posts